As an AMTRA examination candidate, you will be expected to have read these instructions prior to entry, to adhere to the rules and regulations and understand your responsibilities whilst undertaking your AMTRA viva examination. Any deviation from the rules is subject to jurisdiction of the AMTRA Board advised by the Professional Standards Committee. By starting your viva you are agreeing to abide by these rules and regulations. Do not attempt to debate the rules and regulations with the AMTRA Assessor. Any aggression or abuse will not be tolerated.
1. You will only be permitted to undertake a viva examination if you have enrolled with AMTRA and been booked onto the examination through AMTRA. Booking onto a course does not mean an automatic booking onto an exam – it is your responsibility to book onto the examination.
2. You should be present in the Zoom waiting room by the appointed time, and await admittance by the AMTRA Assessor.
3. You should bring the required form of photographic ID to the viva examination. If no suitable form of photographic ID is forthcoming AMTRA reserve the right to withhold your results.
4. On entering the Zoom meeting room, you are under examination conditions and are agreeing to abide by these rules and regulations.
5. You must be alone in a quiet room with the door closed.
6. You should have a copy of the current edition of the AMTRA Compendium to hand.
7. You may have a glass or bottle of water.
8. You should have no other items in reach: in particular you should have no notes and no electronic devices (such as mobile phone or smart-watch) except that being used for the video call.
9. You should make use of toilet facilities and refreshments before entering the Zoom meeting.
10. Whilst in the Zoom meeting room you should not talk, communicate or make any contact in any way with other people. Cheating or collusion will result in your exam being void, and AMTRA may decline to offer you a further opportunity.
11. If you arrive late, the Assessor or the AMTRA office will try to contact you by the telephone number(s) provided to AMTRA as part of your enrolment. If you are more than 10 minutes late, you may not be able to sit the exam on this day. It is your responsibility to be on time for the examinations. If you think you are going to be very late it will normally be best to withdraw from the exam and re-book, but please contact AMTRA as soon as you are aware that you are going to be late: tel. 01359 245801.
12. If you fail to turn up for examination at the stated date and time without an adequate reason, a cancellation fee will be due to AMTRA. If you are unable to attend please let AMTRA know in advance. If you are unable to attend on the day, contact AMTRA as soon as possible: tel. 01359 245801.
The fee is payable on rebooking the exam – see the section on “Withdrawal / cancellation fees”