1. In these terms and conditions the following words will bear the following meaning:
a. AMTRA means the Animal Medicines Training Regulatory Authority Ltd of 1c Windmill Avenue, Woolpit, Bury St Edmunds, IP30 9UP.
b. SQP means a Suitably Qualified Person as defined in the Veterinary Medicines Regulations
c. Student SQP means an individual studying to become an SQP having enrolled as such with AMTRA
d. Student SQP enrolment means the process of applying and paying for registration as an SQP student
e. Annual SQP renewal means the process of applying and paying for inclusion on the subsequent calendar year's AMTRA Register of SQPs
f. Reinstatement means the process of applying and paying for inclusion on the current year's AMTRA Register of SQPs by an individual who did not successfully undertake annual SQP renewal by 30 November of the preceding calendar year
2. Payments for services provided by AMTRA including annual SQP renewal and student SQP enrolment are non-refundable and non-transferable except in the circumstances below: a. where duplicate payment is made for the same service and AMTRA is notified within 30 days, a full refund will be given; b. where an individual is enrolled as a student SQP and a request is made to AMTRA within six months to transfer that enrolment to another individual, the transfer may be made on payment of a £25 administration fee and on receipt of signed confirmation from the original student SQP.
3. Save as provided under clause 2, no refund is payable in respect of individuals who cease to be active as SQPs or cease to study to become SQPs for whatever reason including but not limited to change in role within a company, change of employer, death, removal or suspension by AMTRA from the SQP Register under Constitutional Framework document CF1.
4. Payments for annual SQP renewal or reinstatement are made for the calendar year in question and no reduction is permitted in respect of part-years.
5. Fees for annual SQP renewal and reinstatement and for student SQP enrolment shall be set by the AMTRA Board taking into account the recommendation of the AMTRA Council. Details of the fees may be found on the AMTRA website.
6. On receipt of valid application and payment for annual SQP renewal or reinstatement, the SQP will be renewed or reinstated on the SQP Register within 10 working days.
7. On receipt of valid application and payment for student SQP enrolment, the individual will be enrolled as a student and a written training manual dispatched to the address provided by courier within 10 working days.
8. AMTRA reserves the right to charge a supplementary fee for student SQPs who choose to sit their SQP examinations more than 24 months after the date of enrolment.
9. In enrolling as a student SQP or undertaking the annual SQP renewal individuals accept to abide by the current version of the Code of Practice for SQPs which may be amended from time to time and to accept that actual, supposed or claimed transgressions by an SQP which might constitute a breach of professional standards or contravene the Code of Practice will be dealt with by AMTRA under Constitutional Framework document CF1.
10. AMTRA holds such data about SQPs and SQP students as may be necessary to perform AMTRA's duties as a body appointed by the Secretary of State under the Veterinary Medicines Regulations to keep a register of Suitably Qualified Persons. The uses to which AMTRA may put such data are described in AMTRA's data protection statement which may be found on the AMTRA website.